Organizers of the dairy industry’s Gold Cup, NMR and RABDF, have re-scheduled the judging of finalists and the presentation of the 2020 award.
Judging of the six finalists, who were named in November 2020 with the presentation of the winner originally scheduled for Dairy-Tech 2021, will take place in late summer and the award will be made at Dairy-Tech, Stoneleigh, Warwickshire in February 2022.
“Our visits to the finalists’ farms, which our judges believe is vital for this leading industry competition, have not been possible because of Covid-19 restrictions,” says RABDF Chairman Peter Alvis. “We will schedule these as soon as the restrictions are lifted.”
The RABDF is also planning to organise an open day in late summer hosted by the Sloan family from Auchinleck, Ayrshire, winner of the NMR RABDF Gold Cup 2019. RABDF will publish the date in due course.
The Gold Cup 2021 will not be awarded.
The six 2020 Gold Cup finalists are:
- John & Rachel Downing, Edenbridge, Kent.
- Jonathan Gibbins, Cullompton, Devon.
- Mark Hoskins, Hoskins & Vickery, Salisbury, Wiltshire.
- Joe Ives, W&P Ives, Basingstoke, Hampshire.
- Mike Sainsbury, RP Sainsbury & Sons, Badminton, Gloucestershire.
- John Torrance, R Torrance & Son, Stapleford Abbotts, Essex.