The Tenant Farmers Association (TFA) is running a roadshow of eight, free to attend, seminars throughout England in January and February 2020.
The theme of the roadshow is “Taking Control of Our Farming Futures – Leading from the Front”
TFA Chief Executive, George Dunn said “with Boris Johnson now safely back in Number 10 Downing Street, the Queen’s Speech made and Parliament getting down to work, it’s likely that we will see new policy and legislation come quickly over the horizon. The tenanted sector of agriculture needs to be in the best place possible to respond and react”.
So, the five reasons why it is essential to attend one of the roadshow meetings are:
- Understand the likely changes in the farming policy environment to which you will need to respond.
- Rub shoulders with other farmers facing the same challenges and opportunities as you, but who may have different ideas of what to do.
- Influence the way in which the TFA lobbies on behalf of the tenanted sector of agriculture and all those who do not own the land that they farm.
- Learn about how to deal with ill-informed and unscientific anti-farming rhetoric.
- Get some headspace away from the farm and some thinking time in the car on the way.
The roadshow of meetings, which all start at 7:30pm will take place as follows:
14 January 2020 Urban Hotel, Grantham
15 January 2020 Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
16 January 2020 Reigate Hill Golf Club, Reigate, Surrey
04 February 2020 Tynedale Farmers Function Suite, Hexham Auction Mart
05 February 2020 J36 Rural Auction Conference Centre, Crooklands, Cumbria
06 February 2020 Hatherton House Hotel, Penkridge, Stafford
17 February 2020 The Eagle House Hotel, Launceston, Cornwall
18 February 2020 Bath and West Rural Enterprise Centre, Shepton Mallet