Allflex Livestock Intelligence today announced a competition amongst beef farmers to celebrate the recent launch of its SenseHub™ Beef Monitoring System. Developed from the original Heatime™ heat-detection system, SenseHub Beef is the world’s first heat and health-monitoring solution that specifically analyses the real-time behaviour of beef cattle to enable the herd and individual animals to be managed more efficiently. The product enables beef farmers to stay in touch with their herd anytime and anywhere and works with housed or grazing herds and cattle located away from the farm.
SenseHub Beef lets farmers know if an animal is in distress or needs attention and monitors five key areas to increase production, improve livestock health and well-being and enhance farm profitability:
- Heat:accurate identification of the peak time for insemination to optimise conception rates and tighten the calving period.
- Health: early detection of health problems for quicker intervention and reduced drug use.
- Calving:reporting of potential difficult calving and possible post-natal health problems.
- Feed: support in defining the most suitable feeding strategy at group level, giving an accurate indication of the effectiveness of the ration or feed changes.
- Routine:monitor sudden, planned or unforeseen changes within groups to minimise negative impacts.