Feedback from a survey of visitors and exhibitors at the 2018 British Pig & Poultry Fair reveals that they considered it the best event yet.
Held in May at Stoneleigh Park, the Royal Agricultural Society of England’s event attracted over 370 exhibitors and 10,131 visitors, who attended to see what was new, gather advice and hear from the experts.
“The professional and business nature of the pig and poultry sectors was clearly apparent at the Fair,” says event organiser Alice Bell. “Our survey shows that producers found it an extremely valuable and worthwhile day away from the farm.” In total, 98% of visitors found what they were looking for at the Fair, with four out of five visitors planning to make changes to their business as a result of their visit.
Taking place every two years, the Fair is a great chance for producers to see what is new, with 69% of visitors saying they attend the Fair to see new products, while 68% planned to make a purchase as a result of their visit.
Exhibitors had raised the bar too for 2018, with a wide range of inviting and interesting stands offering the very latest innovations, advice and solutions. “The atmosphere at this year’s Fair was buoyant and business like,” says Ms Bell. “There were so many informed conversations going on, really cementing it as the place to do business.”
This is born out in the research, with 93% of producers rating their day at the Fair as valuable for their business, while 100% of exhibitors said they met most or all of their objectives of exhibiting at the Fair.
“The RASE would like to thank all the visitors and exhibitors who helped make the 2018 Fair such a success,” added Ms Bell. “We are already working on ideas and improvements to ensure the 2020 event, taking place Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th May, continues to deliver for the industry.”
Key summary statistics from the 2018 Fair research:
Visitor survey findings:
(From 590 responses to a post event survey of Fair visitors):
- 68% of visitors plan to make a purchaseas a result of their visit to the Fair.
- 80% of visitors plan to make changesto their business as a result of their visit to the Fair.
- 98% of visitors found what they were looking forat the Fair
- 93% of visitors rated the Fair as valuable for their business
- 97% of visitors rated their visit to the Fair as good or excellent
- 96% of visitors to the 2018 Fair plan to attend the 2020 Fair
Exhibitor survey findings
(From 135 responses to a post event survey of exhibitors):
- 87%rated the Fair as very important or important for generating future orders for their company
- 91%rated the Fair as very important or important for engaging with existing customers
- 72%rated the Fair as an excellent or good return on investment
- 100%of exhibitors met all or most of their objectives of exhibiting at the Fair
- 99% saw the right visitors at the 2018 Fair
- 95%of exhibitors found the organisation of the Fair excellent or good
- 93%of exhibitors rated the 2018 Fair as excellent or good
- 94%of exhibitors plan to exhibit at the 2020 Fair